Remember when I posted about My Office way back when? Well, I've officially started working on it.
A few months ago, I created a mood board for what I wanted in the space. Here she is, in all of her pink, black, and gold glory:
In that last post about the office, I admitted that I have never shared a photo of this space. Acceptable names for this space include: ugly baby, "He who shall not be named", that tattoo of a Chinese symbol that you got on Spring Break and now regret, or our "cooler" (any New Girl fans out there?).
When we painted the living room, which is open on the second story to the office, we stopped painting at the half wall. And this is how it sat. For a year. A year. You can call it laziness...I would agree.
Here are my plans for the space:
1. I painting the entire wall on the right with chalkboard paint.
2. I scored a great deal on six picture ledges from IKEA in the "As-Is" section. They'll go on this wall, too.
3. I'm in the market for a white Expedit cabinet from IKEA. I can't decide on the large or the small one yet, though.
4. Both bookshelves leaving faster than you can say "Pope". Too soon?
Here are the plans for the other side of the room:
1. I'm going to (finally) finish painting, and just continue with the gray from downstairs around the room.
2. The giant boxy thing underneath the blanket is a project that I've already started working on and don't want to show you yet (see? progress).
3. I've already purchased an awesome pair of Cynthia Rowley drapery panels from HomeGoods.
4. That wall in the corner is angled (you can't really see it in this picture), but I plan on building a floor to ceiling memo board.
5. Still on the hunt for a black and white rug.
6. I'm also planning on painting and recovering the bamboo chairs, just can't decide what color/ pattern yet.
I did leave one thing out that I've been working on...a desk! I'm finished with it, and it's ready to be set up. Can't wait to show you!
PS- If you're interested in a mood board like the one above, please contact me at:
or visit my website: